Crispy Pork Belly with Chilli Salted Caramel
Pork belly with a twist.....
Preparation Time: 24 hours
Cook Time: 2 hours
- 1kg boneless pork belly
- 2 teaspoons salt flakes
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons salt flakes
- 4 tablespoons Misty’s Chilli Salted Caramel
- Coriander, mint, finely sliced chilli, fresh lime to garnish
Rub the pork belly rind with 2 teaspoons salt flakes, refrigerate uncovered overnight to dry rind. The next day, pat rind dry and brush of any remaining salt.
- Preheat oven 200C. Mix Chinese five spice and 2 tablespoons salt flakes.
- Rub pork rind well with the salt mixture and sesame oil, place rind side down in a baking dish and bake for 1 hour. Turn pork over, reduce to 180C and cook for another 1 hour or until tender.
- Slice pork into 2cm widths and serve drizzled with Misty’s Chilli Salted Caramel sauce, coriander, mint, chilli and fresh lime.